Do you remember the Spicy Sriracha Roasted Broccoli that Lauren was salivating over at the beginning of the month (as seen on our previous post, Get Inspired: March)? Well, it looked so good we just had to make it … and it was super easy too! We used the recipe found here to recreate this delicious dish and spiced it up with a few additional ingredients to create a complete meal. To make Spicy Sriracha Roasted Broccoli in your own home, just follow these easy steps:
1. Steam 4 cups cooked broccoli in the microwave for 5 minutes on high.
2. Mix 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Sriracha, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and a half teaspoon lime juice to create the sauce.
3. Mix well with steamed broccoli and place on a baking sheet.
4. Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until slightly brown.
5. Remove, stir, and return to the broiler for an additional 2 minutes.
We decided to finish off our meal with a little quinoa and some cooked shrimp. We topped it off with extra soy sauce and Sriracha for even more flavor, but you could easily prepare this recipe as a side dish to any main course.
This March, eating healthy is at the top of our lists. This recipe made us feel like we were cheating just a little bit while getting in the nutrients we need and enjoying one of our favorite sauces of all time. Check back on Monday for more “green” recipes … until then, have a great weekend!